California DMV amends broker license requirements

Auto Brokers in California
must now have a retail used car dealer license
in order to obtain an Auto Broker License.
As of Jan 2018 only retail used car dealers
will be approved for the Auto Broker Endorsement.
Auto Brokers obtain fees from buyers and dealers
when they facilitate the sale of new and / or used vehicles.
Auto Brokers must have a signed Broker Agreement from the buyer & these fees are taxable.
Auto Brokers must have car dealer license plates & car dealer insurance to deliver vehicles to their buyers.
This new DMV policy will bring many unlicensed Auto Brokers into compliance.